Search This Blog

Saturday, January 4, 2020

SJI project - updates

*Report from SJI Honor rolls refurbishment project manager Lim Take Bane*


We had a meeting last Dec before Christmas, the contractor, the HM and myself on site. I have since drafted a rough specs for the contractor to quote. The Xmas and new year season has disrupted his getting a quote out. Now CNY is 3 weeks away and everyone is rushing deadlines, collecting bad debts, etc. Anyway, the real reason why the quote is slow is I was so dismayed and disheartened by the state of the school building. The MOE is not really interested. No funds, etc etc. The roof is leaking, the fabric is rotten, the wiring is a severe fire risk, etc etc. I am determined to get that done with this responsible and capable contractor. BTW half the school from the wall of the boards to the library block including the chapel has been taken over by the St John's International School. They are ripping the buiding apart internally. Not attending to the roof and outer fabric cos it is not their mandate. So the building suffers on. I am disheartened cos nobody cares except sentimental fools like us.




Sent from my iPhone

No comments: